Last year I had the absolute pleasure of attending the launch of Jo Malone; 'The Bloomsbury Set' and learnt more about each fragrance within the collection. Coincidentally, I had received the bottle of my favourite fragrance out of the five, which was Tobacco & Mandarin!
The Bloomsbury Set consists of;
- Blue Hyacinth - Intoxicating bold blue hyacinth warmed by the Sun entwined with the vibrancy of garden Geraniums and woody Vetiver.
- Garden Lilies - The scent of dawn at the lily pond captured with effervescent water lilies, dewy green sap and lush ylang ylang enhanced with white musk and a wisp of vanilla.
- Whisky & Cedarwood - An enigmatic blend of fine whisky and opulent roses edged with spicy pimento, warm cedarwood and an intriguing accord of waxy wooden floors.
- Tobacco & Mandarin - Vibrant mandarin and herbaceous sage, sweetened with the warm elegance of beeswax and sweet pipe tobacco.
- Leather & Artemisia - The striking green facets of anise-tinged absinthe blend with aromatic artemisia, soft orriswood and the deep richness of leather enhanced by the amber woody notes of Cypriol.
The notes featured within Tobacco & Mandarin are; Tobacco, Mandarin, Beeswax and Sage.
What drew me to the Tobacco & Mandarin out of the five, was just how strong, yet sweet the fragrance was! Masculine, yet with a slightly softer touch to it. The first spray is sweet and fruity, with the Mandarin note blending beautifully with the earthy Sage note. Soon after, the fragrance takes a different turn, and becomes more smokey and muskier. In terms of the sillage of Tobacco & Mandarin, this fragrance definitely packs a punch, so only minimal sprays are needed! Tobacco & Mandarin lasted for up to 6-7 hours upon my skin, which I was thoroughly impressed with, and I have often been told that the fragrance can be smelt long after I have left the room...
The Bloomsbury Set is now available both online, and in your local Jo Malone boutique stores! Each of the fragrance within the collection is available in 30ml and can be purchased here.
Have you smelt any of the fragrances within The Bloomsbury Set? Do you have a favourite? If so, which one? Have you smelt Tobacco & Mandarin? Are you a fan? Let me know your comments down below, as I would love to hear your thoughts! (P.S. I am secretly hoping that Jo Malone will bring out a 50ml/100ml bottle of these fragrances!)