Last weekend I played around with some healthy ideas for some Halloween snacks! I wanted to recreate some of my favourite ideas from Pinterest, and various other websites and show that although healthy food can be deemed as 'boring', these ideas will hopefully show that not all healthy food is! I hope you enjoy this fun little blog post, and if you have created any cool ideas with food, then do let me know!
- Before you begin you will need two peppers (or as many as you want!), a sharp knife, some spaghetti, rice and some food colouring.
- Begin by cutting off the top of the pepper to create a lid.
- Draw on a scary face outline so you have a guideline on where to cutout. (Don't worry, the pen will wash off!)
- Once the outline of the face is created, then begin by carefully cutting out the shapes without cutting all the way through.
- When you are happy with the outline, boil up some spaghetti and place within one of the peppers.
- Add some tomato purée to the spaghetti and mix together slowly.
- For your second pepper, mix some rice with some food colouring and slowly stuff the rice within the pepper.
- Decorate the peppers as you wish and drape the spaghetti in and out of the mouth, and the same for the rice!
WACKY WATERMELON SLICES
- To begin you will need a watermelon, a sharp knife, chocolate chips, and other decorative food pieces you may have lying spare.
- Cut out the watermelon and break the pieces down into a triangular shape.
- You can have as many faces as you want!
- Decorate the faces with various pieces, for instance I chose the watermelon seeds, some leftover rice and spaghetti for the hair and some chocolate chips for the eyes!
GHOULISH BAGELS AND BANANA'S
- Before you start you will need one banana, a bagel, chocolate chips and some blueberries.
- Spread some cream cheese across the bagel.
- Cut out the hole to make it as big as you want for the mouth effect.
- Add two blueberries for the eyes.
- Cut the banana into three quarters.
- Add some chocolate chips for the eyes.
These three healthy ideas are a great way to spend time with your family members or your partner, and each one of the ideas were super quick and easy to make!
Have you experimented with food like this before for a holiday season? Which is your favourite idea that I created? Will you be trying any of these out? Let me know down below, and don't forget to hit that like button!