Having attended the Jo Malone's 'Theatre Of Christmas' Event earlier this year, I was flattered and touched to have been asked back again to attend their 'The Bloomsbury Set' Launch! Their biggest launch of the year, and a showcase of an unconventional life, celebrated in scent.
The Bloomsbury Set Collection was inspired by artists throughout the 1900's, and a collection of 5 fragrances have been created reflecting various stages of their lives. From the calm, tranquil; Garden Lilies, through to their many nights of debauchery; Leather & Artemisia.
I had arrived in London and began making my way over to the Jo Malone Townhouse. Prior to arriving at the event, I took a look at some of the photographs of the event on Instagram, and found myself getting rather excited! I entered the Townhouse, and came across two rooms. One room had a book binding activity which was taking place, whilst the other room had various tables set out, in which you could nibble on some lunch whilst learning about the history of 'The Bloomsbury Set'. I opted out of having food, however I chose the 'Pear & Fresh Botanical' drink, it was delicious! I must take a moment to mention the décor of the room. The whole aesthetic of it all felt really old school, and had an artsy vibe to it, and I couldn't believe the transformation of it compared to the 'Theatre Of Christmas' Event that I went to earlier this year!
To begin with, I was told about each fragrance, and the inspiration behind each one. The Bloomsbury Set Collection consists of:
- Blue Hyacinth - Intoxicating bold blue hyacinth warmed by the Sun entwined with the vibrancy of garden Geraniums and woody Vetiver.
- Garden Lilies - The scent of dawn at the lily pond captured with effervescent water lilies, dewy green sap and lush ylang ylang enhanced with white musk and a wisp of vanilla.
- Whisky & Cedarwood - An enigmatic blend of fine whisky and opulent roses edged with spicy pimento, warm cedarwood and an intriguing accord of waxy wooden floors.
- Tobacco & Mandarin - Vibrant mandarin and herbaceous sage, sweetened with the warm elegance of beeswax and sweet pipe tobacco.
- Leather & Artemisia - The striking green facets of anise-tinged absinthe blend with aromatic artemisia, soft orriswood and the deep richness of leather enhanced by the amber woody notes of Cypriol.
Out of the five fragrances, I have to say that the Tobacco & Mandarin and the Whisky & Cedarwood both stood out by a clear mile for me. Both of these are the most masculine out of the set, and each bottle has been stripped of its iconic Jo Malone branding, instead having some paint designed upon them with the different coloured lids to differentiate each one, offering a first for the Jo Malone brand.
After falling in love with each of the fragrances, I went next door to create my own book! I thoroughly enjoyed this activity, and it brought something personal and unique to the afternoons event. It also took me back to my college days where I studied Art & Design! As I left the Jo Malone Townhouse, we each got given a goody bag in which a fragrance from The Bloomsbury Set was inside, and much to my delight, I had received my favourite; Tobacco & Mandarin! Don't worry, a full fragrance review on the Tobacco & Mandarin will be coming shortly!
The Bloomsbury Set will be available to purchase from March 2017, and each bottle will come in the 30ml size retailing at £46 each. I hope to get my hands on the full collection, so a full detailed review on my thoughts of each fragrance will be coming out next year! Also, I have been told that once this collection has gone, it's gone. So be sure to keep your eye out for The Bloomsbury Set!
Have you bought anything from Jo Malone before? If so, what did you buy? What is your favourite item from Jo Malone? Will you be keeping your eye out for The Bloomsbury Set? Do let me know your thoughts, as I would love to hear from you! I reply to each comment, and don't forget to hit the 'like' button down below!